Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Monday 16 December 2013

Sunday evening crafting

We've had a pretty busy weekend so it's quite nice to relax with a bit of crafting!
In October I bought the 12 Days of Christmas embossing folder - and I have just got around to using it on a white card blank.


All I added was 'Merry Christmas' embossed in gold at the side and I highlighted the pears and birds with a gold Promarker.







I have had this sketch in mind for a few days...


This is my take on it...


Initially I matted and layered a darker turquoise cardstock onto a turquoise card blank followed by a piece of white card stock embossed with 'Swiss dots'. I had already added a little piece of twine between the layers. I used some more of the darker turquoise and white to die cut some Sissix 'Mittens'. I glued these in place and added buttons with glue dots. I then added the banner with sparkly letters spelling 'Noel'.

I am linking this to 






Happy Crafting!



15 comments:

  1. Susan, these are both great cards. I love the embossing on the first one and the blue mittens hanging on the second one are perfect! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely Susan, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling!!! I love it :) Thanks for playing along at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card, Susan! Love the turquoise & white color combo with your mitten banner! Adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful embossing on both cards Susan. I love the line of mittens and the gorgeous turquoise you have used. Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, Susan, I love the embossing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the sketch. Love the little mittens.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely sweet and darling ... love those little mittens on the line! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those little mittens on your banner! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these turquoise mittens, Susan! I'd love to have some that color! Thanks for sharing them with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable!! Great use of the sketch and I just love those mittens!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Fab.. Love your interpretation

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun cards, love the hanging mittens!
    thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh i love the mittens for the banner!!!! Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cute miten banner. Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.