Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Friday 24 January 2014

Get Inky! Newspaper/Yellowpages

Did you enjoy last weeks Blog Hop and Hand-made flower challenge?
There were some super entries!

But now we are on to a new challenge...use newspaper or yellow pages in your creation!
Find more details at Get Inky! Challenge

Remember my quilt-inspired DT inspiration?


I decided once again to use that "Backside Bunny" found at

But I think you will find it makes a far different card...

here are some of the things I used to start off with.


I used the Indian Financial Times - first to print my digi on and then to cut some Tim Holtz rosettes. I cut out and distressed the edges of the bunny with 'wild honey' and then spritzed some of this ink with water to add colour to my rosettes.

Shopping in India I recently found some lovely hand-made paper...


I used the purple with gold flecks to make my first layer - I started with a shaped card blank which I distressed around the edges with 'shabby shutters'. I then added a circle of the purple paper which has a lovely texture.
I added the bunny and rosette with final touches of the ribbon and sentiment (this was just printed on my computer, die cut with an oval nesting die and mounted on more of my purple.


Hope you like it!

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.