Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Sunday 17 April 2016

Secret Ribbon Tag ATCs

This was my last set of ATCs for the UK ATC Swap on Facebook following the theme Transport through the Ages.
I started thinking about 'wheels' using paper scraps from my stash,
 SU bicycle stamps and bicycle brads


The current theme is 'Things With Wings'...so I thought butterflies...

I started by using my home made spraying box, misters in fuchsia, greens and purples.
and butterfly stencils using both the positive and negative images.


The paper I used was canvas paper already coated with gesso.


I mopped the stencils off in my journal as the start of another spread for use some time later!


I trimmed the images to rectangles and distressed them around the edges with 'seedless preserves'. Here you see them mounted as ATCs on maroon card.


Using black Stazon and a Kanban stamp I added a butterfly image to each card.
Next I added a small piece of butterfly confetti next to this. 

 

But I didn't stop here - what about the secret ribbon tag?

Each card base is not just the normal 3.5 by 2.5 card. It is a fold...

 I started with cards cut to 3.5 by 5.5 inches and scored at 2.5 and 5 inches parallel to the 3.5 inch side. I could then fold these score marks and use the half inch strip as a tab to glue the cards into 3.5 by 2.5 slip covers.

I could then insert ribbon tags into these...

I made the ribbon tags from snippets of the sprayed canvas and scraps of the base card cut into tags using a Sizzix die. Again I stamped with the butterfly die, added confetti and finally tied on ribbon.


Initially the tags were the same size as the bottom right but I trimmed them so that they would be completely hidden by the slip covers (apart from the ribbon)...


Each ribbon can then be pulled to reveal the tag...


Here are two examples pictured individually:



I will link this to 
Butterfly Challenge #52 - and I won the random prize for using both fuchsia nad fancy folds..!!

I alos sent off my five to UK ATC swap...




Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

  1. Susan they are lovely and what a super and different idea for ATCs. A very special surprise for someone. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant Susan. What beautiful ATC's these are with the hidden surprise inside each one. I loved reading how you made these and the colours are just perfect. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your entry will go into the draw twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great works, these ATCs look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so AWESOME !!!!
    Stunning designs and I adore the little secret tag :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I like how you made the matching ATC pockets and tags. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete

  6. Love that there is a surprise inside.
    Butterflies are always a beautiful addition
    to any project.
    These are great on the wonderful backgrounds.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.