Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Sunday 26 February 2017

Spotlighting Technique again

I have been using the Spotlighting Technique on various cards just recently.
This is when colour is added to just one part of the image.

I was looking through my stamps
 and turned up this beautiful collage stamp from Dark Room Door
and thought I would like to use it for this technique.



I started with a white card base matted with slate blue card.
I printed the image twice with black Versafine on white card, and cut one out with a nesting die, layering this onto the card.
I used a butterfly die to cut a section from the second image and hand cut a butterfly shaped piece of the blue card. 
I coloured the small section of the image with Zig real brush pens and then added a layer of glossy accents. I used a clear Wink of Stella pen for the feeler.
I then added these parts to the card.




I will link this to the Butterfly Challenge #73 Butterflies plus G for Glossy Accents and/or the colour Slate Blue.


Happy Crafting!



2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely brilliant technique. One I have not seen done before. This is gorgeous. I love the splash of coloured in butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge with this unique card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very unusual card but perfectly done. Thanks for playing at Butterfly challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.